Monday, November 8, 2010

Warm November




Redbush is celebrating the fact that November has come in like a lamb, and hopes it stays like this for a long time. She hasn't been blogging for a lack of a subject, the only one being " raking leaves". It seems since September, the leaves just keep on falling. Some of her willows still have leaves on them. She has had to rake them to pick up all the branches that have fallen as well. The neighbour's huge poplars have been a thorn in her side for quite some time. She and Mr. Redbush have spent weeks raking these leaves and hauling them away. Redbush, however, has also tried to make some time to work on her art for an up and coming art show. Between picking up leaves, and getting rid of them, she has attempted to finish a new art piece for the show. She appologizes for her poorly taken snapshots of it. She hopes you are all enjoying a great November!

7 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

Redbush,the piece looks great.

solarity said...

I love the way the bare trees and the shape of the hollow echo the shape of the antlers. It looks rich in texture, too.
More fun than raking leaves, isn't it?

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Hilary said...

Such a pretty picture, Redbush. You might have to learn to use leaves as a medium for some art project. ;)

Redbush said...

Thanks, Leah! I love the shades that winter brings, but, not always the weather.

Thanks for stopping, Solarity! I hadn't really thought of the hollow and the antlers in that way, but, now I do.

Hilary, I just love all the photos that you take of leaves. I'm thinking it might be a little difficult to use them as a medium, though. He! He!

solarity said...

Leaves as a medium: some of them are good for dyeing, but my first thought was "leaf collage."

Mary Anne in Kentucky

the Bag Lady said...

Late to the party, but your picture is amazing, Redbush! But then, they always are!

Redbush said...

Solarity, I agree, you could definitely do lots of leaf collages with these leaves!

Bag lady, I know you've been so busy! Thanks for the comment. I always wish that I would have started them earlier. But, I'm more inspired in the winter. I'm going to make myself start the next picture withing the next week or two, and have it finished well before my next show! Ha! (Dream on!)