Friday, January 14, 2011

Brrrrrrrrrr!








Redbush has felt like a hermit lately, wanting to stay in from the deep freeze temperatures. It was -40 degrees this a.m. with the wind chill. These cold temps have been holding on for the past quite a few days. Beatle didn't seem to get it,though, wanting to do his usual sniffing, but, both Bonzi and he were trying to decide which paws to hold up all at once . Redbush took a few photos of the weather, and a warmer one of this summers fire pit when they were camping, just to try to warm up her day, and her blog. There are birds in a few of her photos, but, they didn't allow her to get close enough to get a good snap! She intends to attempt a painting of the hot logs at some point when she gets the inspiration. She hopes all of you are staying warm, and having a great January!

11 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

It's hermit-ing weather.

Redbush said...

I agree, Leah! Sorry something happened to my uploads of the photos. I hope you got to see some of them!

Leah J. Utas said...

Came back for a look and there they were.

solarity said...

My favorite is the last, needless to say.

Mary Anne in Kentucky, within arm's reach of my stove.

Out on the prairie said...

That last one really worked. I add clothing as the day progresses, or perhaps my blood just thins.I sat around the fire for a bit and it was nice.I'm waiting for it to thaw a bit so I can see where I sat my thermos full of tea.It may be weeks, even though I feel I may know close to where it is.

David Cranmer said...

Those shots could have been taken outside my window.

Hilary said...

Wonderful photos... as wintery as they may be. And that lovely warming one at the end. I can feel the glow.

the Bag Lady said...

I can finally see the pictures - I don't know if it was because it was snowing too hard for the signal to get through or not, but I couldn't get on the internet until now!
I like the last picture best.

Redbush said...

I'm glad you saw them, Leah! It's warmer today! Yeah!

Thanks, Mary Anne! I love building fires when we're camping, and watch the configurations of the colors deep within.

Thanks, out on the prairie! I'm waiting for it to thaw, too! The temps are much warmer today.

David, thanks for stopping. This has been the most snow, and the coldest we've had it for years. I didn't realize you got that much.

Thanks for the comments, Hilary! I couldn't believe that yours was all about the winter wonderland as well. I can't resist not having a campfire when we're camping.

I can believe the snowfall caused your glitch, Bag Lady. I didn't think it was ever going to quit! The snowbanks are about 3 feet high after snowblowing. Maybe we're in for a thaw within the next few days, but, I hope it's not too much! Hope your not stuck too deep feeding the cows! Thanks for stopping.

David Cranmer said...

I hope you're not still snowed in.

Redbush said...

Actually, David, we're feeling pretty much like that. It's a good thing we have the snowblower! Our dogs would like to have it last all year. Not this one!