Monday, June 6, 2011

Winter in June!




It's been a few days now since we were hit with a bout of winter again, but, Redbush is still feeling the cool weather even though the snow has disappeared.  She had to spend some time giving her plants some cover.  Hopefully this is the last of the white stuff.  It's June for crying out loud!  Redbush is still busy trying to get her plants to produce some blooms, but, they are feeling like they should have blankets on every night.  The weather forecast for it being a cool beginning to the summer hasn't failed.  She hopes that it will warm up soon, or, her gardens plants will develop root rot.  There's much needed moisture, but, the warmth is  much needed, too.  How is your garden growing?  She hopes that you are having a much greater beginning to the summer!  Have a great week!

6 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

We sure can't turn out backs on Nature around here.
I hope your plants escape the root rot. I have some garlic bulbs in that may be too moist for their own good. My peas are popping, though, and the oregano is very happy.

the Bag Lady said...

I'm a little concerned about the potatoes in my garden - it seems very wet in that area. But my radishes, lettuce, corn and peas are coming up!

Hilary said...

That's just wrong! I hope you enjoy a lovely rest of the summer.

Out on the prairie said...

I'm sitting inside because the weather lady siad it is best to do with record heat. i miss that snow a bit, but am having a good time getting a garden growing.

solarity said...

I gave up on having a garden this year after the long, cold rainy (RAINy!) spring. Now we're having a scorching hot early summer, and if I had put a garden in I'd be watering it twice a day. Since I've finally gotten a second job I wouldn't have time.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Redbush said...

Thanks, Leah! I'm not too familiar with root rot, but, am gaining more knowledge about it. My garden is all popping up, but, my potatoes are really being delayed. I wonder if it's the cold temps.

I too am worried about my potatoes, Bag Lady. I hope that all my vegetables do as well as yours seem to be. My peas, radishes, swiss chard, and sweet peas are all coming up I just am a little concerned about my potatoes too. Thanks for the input!

Thanks, Hilary! I'm hoping that one of these days summer will hit, and, we'll be complaining about how hot it is!

Good for you, Out On The Prairie! I can't even fathom record heat. Half the summer is almost over and we haven't felft much heat.

Solarity, you're a smart lady. I've contemplated not putting a garden in, but, do every year. Good luck with your new job!