Friday, April 9, 2010

Yearning For Crocuses



Redbush is looking forward to seeing one of her favourite flowers when spring finally comes. Usually these are one of the signs that spring is here. The Canada geese have been back for some time, so, maybe she'll see crocuses peeking out soon. The following picture is from years past as hardly a year goes by that she isn't heading to the crocus patch to take pictures. The weather here has been fantastic, although quite a cold wind today. Redbush is happy that the nasty blizzard that hit the Calgary country and down east by-passed here. She has been kept busy with some spring clean-up like raking leaves, but, has a long way to go. Beatle is finding his legs as Bonzi and he play tug-of-war for hours on end. Too bad they couldn't utilize some of that energy in helping Redbush clean up! She hopes everyone has a great weekend!

8 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

I'm looking forward to crocuses, too.

Redbush said...

Leah, today's weather is really cool, so, crocuses would really make me excited about spring! Thanks for stopping!

David Cranmer said...

Marvelous shots. My wife has taught me the appreciation of flower photography. And it's not as easy as it looks, to get it right.

Hilary said...

Always nice to see those little blooms. I had the grand total of one crocus.

Redbush said...

Thanks, David! I tend to take shots that are either to high up, or too low to the ground. Since I paint these, I try to get shots that will be good captions to use.

Redbush said...

You're lucky, Hilary! Our weather hasn't been cooperating for any flower blooms yet. We're hoping for warmer temperatures later in the week!

the Bag Lady said...

How did I miss this post? Hmmm, must have been a busy weekend.

Love the crocus picture, and the dogs look so cute together!

Redbush said...

Thanks, Bag Lady! I know how busy you are. In the spring there's so much to do, and you have more than others with the cows, and calves. I hope we see crocuses soon, but then I don't want to wish my life away!