Friday, April 1, 2011

Yeah, Spring!







Redbush has been doing the odd job on her acreage and hasn't been able to muster up a blog for lack of imagination.  She is happy that it looks like spring has sprung, although she knows in her country not to count her chickens!  Along with spring comes the once- a- year local contest that she said she wasn't entering, but, has decided to, if not for anything, just for exposure.  She told most of her friends that she probably wasn't entering, but, after looking at her painting everyday hanging in her diningroom, the urge to enter struck her.  Accompanying spring also comes dusting etc. and to sum it up, spring cleaning.  She hasn't got up the ambition to do much of either, maybe one day.    Almost every spring, Redbush has a visit from Bruce the moose.  He enjoys nibbling on the new buds on the family's willow trees when he isn't using Redbush's pickup for a salt lick.  Redbush hopes you are able to pick him up in one of her photos that she has posted.   She will share some of her spring photos, and, of course, photos of her buddies enjoying their latest time in a hotel room.   She had taken them to a competition, and this was their down time.  She hopes that everyone is having a great start to spring!

8 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

I found Bruce the Moose. He blends in well.
Good luck with the contest.

Hilary said...

Very cool.. I could see Bruce when I clicked to enlarge. Good luck with the competition!

solarity said...

I was too dazzled by the sight of bare ground to look for Bruce.
I hope you get some good exposure! I love the sense of motion you got in the water.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Out on the prairie said...

It sounds like the warm is extending your way, FINALLY.Good luck in the show.

Redbush said...

Thanks, leah! He's been stopping by our place in the last few years! Thanks for the good luck !

Thanks, Hilary! Bruce has been squatting in the neighborhood in the last few springs. He's not too welcome by most people as he destroys their trees such as apple. As far as the competition, I'm just happy to get exposure.

I'm glad to see bare ground, too, Mary Anne! I hope it lasts! I only worry about Bruce because of my dogs. I appreciate your complement about the motion in the water. Hopefully others will as well.

Out on the prairie, yes, the temps have been unbelievably warm today. Hopefully spring is here to stay, but, I'm not betting on it!

the Bag Lady said...

Your painting is fabulous! I was slightly surprised to see the dogs on a bed.... until you said it was a hotel room. :)
Bruce does blend in well in the picture.
And I love your wagon wheel bench!

David Cranmer said...

There's Bruce!

Redbush said...

Thanks, Bag Lady! I decided that to get a little bit of exposure wouldn't hurt. The wagon wheel bench was something we decided to do with the wheels. Now we're thinking of putting a tractor seat on the bench as well.

I'm glad you found him, David! Thanks for stopping!