Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Frikkkkkkkin' Freeeeeeezn'

Redbush has decided that going out in the cold these days is becoming less and less inviting.  So, she has decided to stoke up the fire and enjoy it's warmth.  Today was still a freezing day in Redbush's world, so cold, that Bonzi wanted to head into the house before he did his business.  Bonzerelli, no doubt, wasn't long in deciding what he was out there for, and in the house he came, shivering and shaking.  Bonzi headed for the house, then back out in the yard, then back to the house, then  like a streak he galloped out to do his business, and came right back on the deck to do his usual scrape on the door.  This time, though, it was a desperate two loud scrapes.  Redbush has had the discussion before about who taught him to do that.  It took only once for her hubby to teach him to push the garage door open with his paw.  Now, he knows that this is something that he can use to his advantage.  When he came in, he had frost on his eyebrows and muzzle.  But, they say the warmer temperatures will be here tomorrow.   Redbush will share a movie of a fire that they made out on the lease last week.  Oh, drat!  Sorry it's another bungle on her part. Here's you having to crook your neck again!    She promises to figure her camera out for next time!  She will also share another part of a classic poem.  Hopefully it's the last time that she shares anything much to do with snow,although she doubts it.  Bring on the heat wave!  Guess the title and give the poet if you know it!  Ha!

The frost moved up the window-pane
Against the sun's advance,
In line and pattern weaving there
Rich scenes of old romance-
Armies on the Russian snows, 
Cockade, sword, and lance.

It spun a web more magical,
Each moment creeping higher,
For marble cities crowned the hills
With turret, fane and spire,
Till when it struck the flaming sash,
The Kremlin was on fire.




9 comments:

solarity said...

Fire and snow. What a contrast. (This time the video worked!) Since I'm sitting in front of the stove right now, it had a strange stereo effect.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

the Bag Lady said...

Cool! And warm! Cool. Okay, I give up.
Great video!

Redbush said...

Solarity, I'm so glad it worked! I can't imagine you sitting in front of the stove in your climate. Exactly, stereo effect!

Redbush said...

Bag Lady, I could never comptete with your wonderful cow videos! I mean, your header is fantastic! I have to learn more about how to load them properly. I hope you had a great physio and that it is helping.

Redbush said...

Bag Lady, I do need better glasses! I mean, compete, not, comptete! I think I'm getting spring fever!

Hilary said...

I hope it warms up there for you soon. That's just TOO cold for March.

solarity said...

It does sound strange to have a fire when the high that day was 74F, but I knew it was going to get several degrees below freezing at night, so I started a fire before supper to keep the house warm (just a tiny bit warmer than the thermostats are set for) over night.
(You know you're addicted to wood stoves when it's mid-September and you've worn shorts all day, but in the evening you're sitting by a fire in the kitchen and you haven't even bothered to close the windows in the dining room....)

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Redbush said...

Thanks, Hilary! It's much warmer today at+8C, but the wind has started blowing the snow around. The bonus is that Bonzi finally found his favorite ball after losing it a month ago. The wind blew the snow off it.

Redbush said...

Solarity, I had to drive an elderly lady to Arizona at the end of October. I couldn't believe how cool it got there at night. I guess I thought that your temps were a lot warmer as well. Oh, I'm yearning for 74, but, keep that fire going!