Monday, June 15, 2009

Precious Plants




As Redbush is a plant fanatic, she will share some photos of plants that she believes she has saved from frost damage, and some that don't look like they're going to make it.  As she said in a previous blog, she has been getting up at ungodly hours in the middle of the night to water them so the frost wouldn't damage them.  Most of her hundreds of plants seem to have survived, however some tomato plants, some dahlias and marigolds didn't do so well.  Do you think she should let those tomatoes grow, and that they may still do something, or should she just count them amongst the other dead plants? What's your opinion?

6 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Water the hell out of them. The tomato plants still seem to have some foliage that hasn't died. They should come back.

Redbush said...

Thanks for the info and advice, Bag Lady! I will follow that, and we'll see what happens. I picked the tops of the frost-bitten marigolds, and I'll be darned if there weren't some buds ready to bloom. They don't like frost I hear, so, I'm surprised that they look like they're going to survive, too. Here's to gardening together!

Leah J. Utas said...

Do what you can for the tomatoes. They'll appreciate it.

Redbush said...

I'm glad I asked for opinions, Leah! The plants would have been history a few days ago because I was thinking of uprooting them. Now, it seems everyday, they are getting greener. It would be great if they would make it. Thanks!

Hilary said...

I, with the black thumb say listen to Baggie and Leah. :)

Your flowers are lovely.

Redbush said...

Thanks, Hilary! I'm a bit of a black thumb person, too, although everything my mom touched plant-wise turned bright green, or lovely! I have been taking Leah's and Bag Lady's advice, and they're looking better already!