Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What Was I Thinking?

Redbush has been noticing yellowing on her white floor in particular spots. No it's not dog pee, nor does she have a cat! This has been taking place gradually for the past 10 years. She had a brain wave that she should have the white lino in the kitchen, dining room, and bathrooms replaced with ceramic tiles. When the lino was lifted, she now knows why the flooring company would not send their rep out even though she asked them several times. The excuses were: "The rep won't be in for a month, or, "Oh, sorry, I forgot," or just plain ignoring her and saying the rep hadn't come yet. She finds that she probably could have written the company that made the lino and possibly gotten some kind of results. When the tilers came to tear up the lino they found that the flooring company had done a shabby job on the lino, so that's probably why they would not send out a rep. But, after seeing what it entails to put down ceramic tiles, she wonders if it will all be worth it. Her entire living room, and bedrooms are in a shambles! That's where all the furniture had to be moved to, oh and some of it on the deck outside all tarped in. Maybe she shouldn't have been keeping everything for the last 30 years! She needs to do a garage sale! She won't be renovating for a long while after this! She hopes all of you are having a great week!

14 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

It's easier to run and hide. Hope the renos go well.

the Bag Lady said...

Oh, but it will be so-o-o nice when it's all done!!
I'll bring the beer for the reno party!

Hilary said...

Get Baggie to do it for you. She's never busy and always looking for some new challenge. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my. But it will be great when you're finished. Good luck.
Mary

Redbush said...

I'm thinking of running somewhere, Leah, and hoping that everything will just fall into place when I'm gone! Ha!

Redbush said...

Thanks, Bag Lady! The reno guy says that you can come and help, especially attaching the new toilets. I knew I was in trouble when he asked me, " When you lean back, do you want to face the wall, or the door?" I showed him the hammer! Ha!

Redbush said...

I did just that, Hilary! She would be able to do it, too, because there's nothing the Bag Lady can't do. Thanks for the suggestion!

Redbush said...

Thanks, Mary! I really can't wait. I'm hoping it will be done before I know it. Then, it's putting all my junk back again! I've lived here too long, and I hate throwing away things! Drat!

solarity said...

If the floors of the living room and the bedrooms are being done, does this mean you're sleeping in the kitchen for the duration?

Mary Anne in Kentucky, thankful her year and a half old house needs nothing done. Yet.

Redbush said...

Oops! I goofed, MaryAnne! I'm sure everyone else is wondering the same thing! Actually, I meant bathrooms, not bedrooms! Duh! I'll have to go back and edit my post, but, I guess everyone has already seen it, and are thinking the same as you! You're lucky your house is only a year and a half! Mine is over 30! So, when I'm done one reno, I'm thinking about another one! Right now I'm thinking all the countertops, and doors will need changing in the future so that they match the flooring! What a fool!

solarity said...

But now I have to ask, are you bathing in the kitchen? And if so, is there some obscure relationship to Bag Lady's washer?

Mary Anne in Kentucky

the Bag Lady said...

haha, Mary Anne in Kentucky! Actually, I could take my laundry over to Redbush's house, and in return she could come here to use my shower! That would work, wouldn't it?
:)

Redbush said...

OOOooo! My mind is beginning to visualize what you're imagining, Solarity! Me thinks it might be just a little difficult to fit my body into the kitchen sink. Ha! At any rate, i could be charged with exposure because I have no curtains on the kitchen window, and it could just cause someone to hit a snowbank! Ha! We can still use the showers as long as we get done showering before the Reno guy comes. We have no doors on the bathrooms at this point, so, if I'm late showering, the Reno guy could get a surprise that he wouldn't have wanted. He's knocked on the door a couple of times when I just managed to be decent. Whew! With my body, he wouldn't be getting any thrills! Ha! O.K., we won't go there!

Redbush said...

That would be quite the exchange, Bag Lady! I never thought of that! Who knew that Mary Anne and you would have whole new ideas with the whole Reno idea?! Showering at your house might be fun! Now, I wouldn't be having to share the shower, would I? Ha! Ha! We won't go there either! Ha! What interesting items do you have in your laundry? Ha!