Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tulips And Bunnies!

Redbush had a busy Easter weekend even though she was chasing a cold.  She  entered Bonzi in a Caro obedience competition.  At first she thought the competition was only on Sat. , but realized that it was on Easter Sunday as well.  Bonzi showed his best side, winning a first, and a second, and a High In Trial.  Redbush and Bonzi were doing the WAHOOOO together with Bonzi doing his usual, "I'll jump up and you catch me,"-( all 86 pounds of him) routine, wagging his tail wildly.  When he hears that word, he knows the exercise is done, and he's been a good boy and he can act foolish.   Now he has a few more ribbons to sport.  Redbush decided to support the local Parkinson's Association and thought the tulips were pretty, so, bought a pot.  After all, she can plant them in her perennial garden when they are done blooming.  In their appreciation for all the attention she gives them, Bonzi and Bonzerelli shopped for a card for Redbush, but must have been mostly attracted to the front cover,although she knows they do have a sense of humor!  After all, what dogs wouldn't be attracted to two cute bunnies?!  They must not have read the inside of the card, but, Redbush is still hooting about that.  She knows that it was the thought that counted.  The card reads:
Cute-
Cuddly,
And H--n-y
You're my kinda love-bunny!
Lots Of Love,
Bonzerelli and Bonzi.
She hopes everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend!

10 comments:

Hilary said...

Those tulips look lovely. Sounds like a nice start to spring. Congrats on the win. :)

solarity said...

HIT! Yay, Bonzi!

There is one tulip this year at my old house, from the ones the former owners brought back from their trip to Europe. I'll leave it behind.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

the Bag Lady said...

Woohoo - good for Bonzi!!

And the tulips are gorgeous!

The card is cute - perhaps Mr. Redbush was being sentimental?

Redbush said...

Thanks, Hilary! I'm betting the signs of spring are much stronger in your area! Bonzi did so well. It's just too bad his mistress has the case of the jitters when it comes to competitions! He would have had his first advanced leg if it wasn't for her!!

Redbush said...

I love tulips, Solarity! I'm disheartened, however, that whenever I plant them, they don't all come up. One year I planted 100 and none of them came up. I don't have my mom's green thumb obviously!

Redbush said...

Thanks, Bag Lady! Bonzi always know what the woohoo means. The tulips have now almost done their time, so I'm looking at finding a place for them in my perennial garden. I think Mr. Redbush just thought it was a cute card, especially on the outside!

Crabby McSlacker said...

Beautiful tulips, and too funny about the card!

Missicat said...

Very pretty tulips! Can't have plants around the Bad Cats unfortunately, so thanks for sharing your pics!

Redbush said...

Tulips are some of my favourite flowers, Crabby, however, they don't last long enough. They already need planting in the perennial garden, however, it's still pretty frozen! Thanks for stopping!

Redbush said...

I know what you're saying, Missicat. We used to have cats on the farm when I was growing up. They liked to dig in the flower pots. Mom used to go balistic! My fox terrier, when he was a pup, used to grab the occasional leaf. His appetite was more for the trim on my glass coffee table, even though we would put items in front of it so that he wouldn't get to it! Thanks for stopping by!