Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Contest Jitters

  The weather in Redbush's world is a gorgeous, sunny, spring day.  She hopes everything else today will follow suit with that!   Redbush is heading into a gala tonight, the contest in which her artwork was entered.  She was given a phone call that she was one of the finalists again this year, and was asked if she would attend.  In the past few years she has won second place, so this year she has her fingers crossed, and she's going for the win, of course!  A little greedy, she knows, but, she can't help but wish  for it!  She has posted the painting again that she posted on one of her other blogs.   Oops!  She has found that the painting disappeared into blogland somewhere and is no longer in her picture file, but she will take another one at the gala!  She wishes she was a computer geek!  Redbush hopes the rest of her day doesn't go like this!  She hopes all of you are enjoying a beautiful spring day!

7 comments:

Colleen Halwa said...

We hope you are on the winning end this year,too !! You deserve it:)

Redbush said...

THanks, Colleen! I appreciate your input! I am back from the contest. I won second again this year! You know the expression- "Three times a bridesmaid, never a bride!" That's me! I just couldn't nail it! However, I'm not into sour grapes, so, we'll give someone else a chance next year! Take care!

Redbush said...

Colleen, if you read my blog about 7 blogs ago "Proud Moments", you'll see the painting and the photograph. I don't know what I've done to my picture file! Drat! It seems I must have deleted some by mistake! It pays to know computers!

the Bag Lady said...

Congratulations on coming in second, Redbush! That painting deserved to win first place, but second place is better than nothing!

Colleen Halwa said...

The picture is beautiful, you have an amazing talent!!we hoped you would have been on the winning side this year, but know that we all love your work, regardless :)

Redbush said...

Thanks, Bag Lady! Yes, second is a plus! I don't know if I really should be a competitor. I get so nervous at the final event-gala! I think I get stage fright! When they are announcing the final 3, I really could throw up!!

Redbush said...

Thanks so much, Colleen! I'm glad you like what I've done. I really like the wilderness, and its ruggedness. I can only paint for about 2 hours, then, I'm spent! I don't really like to quit at this point, but, know that I can start it up again the next day. I just get a little drained with details, so, at this point, I know I need a rest.