Thursday, April 2, 2009

Proud Moments

Yeaaaaah!  We're back and it's like spring out there with Bonzi soaking up the sun lying  on his straw pillow on the deck.  Redbush and Bonzi have been at an obedience competition, so have been gone part of last week and this.  She is very proud of her shepherd and how he did.  He scored quite highly on two of the days, so he almost finished all of his legs in rally novice.  On the third day, he scored high, but his mistress got him non-qualified because through her nervousness, she did a couple of the stations incorrectly, embarrassing herself and of course Mr. Redbush, who wanted to hide under the chair by ringside.  Redbush is sure that Bonzi was probably embarrassed, and disappointed because he knew his stuff.  So, on to the competition at the end of June to get him his last leg, and to hopefully go on to advanced as long as Redbush can keep herself calm and collected!  
Before Redbush left for the competition, she worked up to t
he last minute to get her painting done for the contest, so, she will share the photo again, and some steps in starting her painting, along with the finished product that she entered.  She will also share a picture of Bonzi and Bonzerelli being spoiled in the hotel room that she stayed at.  She wasn't going to let Bonzi up on the bed, as he isn't allowed any further than the mat at the back door when he comes in to relax at her house.  She decided that seeing as they were clean and bathed that she would spoil them, and especially Bonzi seeing as he did so well.  Redbush hopes you enjoy the pictures!
s!

6 comments:

solarity said...

Nice painting.I like how the foreground relates to the background.
So how did Bonzi do? I get confused enough watching rally without trying to do it. (Since my father had to move in with me, I don't go to dog shows any more, so I'm not getting any more used to it, but when I was stewarding I refused to even try the rally ring.)

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Redbush said...

Thanks, Solarity! Actuallly, rallly is less stressful than the real obedience in ckc. He got a 96 out of 100, and an 86 out of 100, so, I was very happy with that. There were so many dogs, people and activities out of the ring, and in the next ring, that it was very distracting. I love the competing for Bonzi's sake, but, I didn't think that I would be such a nervous wreck! I have never been a steward, but, should probably try. Maybe that would help calm me down!

the Bag Lady said...

Wow - the painting is great!

And I don't blame you in the least for being nervous - I would be a wreck! I'm sure you'll do better at the next rally, though!

And that dog looks so comfy - he'll be sleeping with you before you know it!! :)

Redbush said...

Thanks Bag Lady! Bonzi can be so good in those competitions. You would think that after doing so many that I would be as calm as a cucumber, but, the adrenalin starts pumping and I have to tell myself that it's just a competition, and it's not a million dollars! Poor Bonzi wishes I would do that.. At any rate, we all enjoy the change in atmosphere!

Hilary said...

Lovely painting you did. And Bonzi looks so pampered - as a competitive doggie should. Looks like you had a great time all around.

Redbush said...

Thanks, Hilary! I procrastinate way to much! I had this picture sketched and planned from my photo months before this, but didn't get to it until just lately! Our dogs are treated better than most people's kids, I believe. Bonzi, at home, however, only gets to sleep on the mat by the door. We treat him extra special at competitions because we believe he has so many dogs, (700) to put up with, and he is such a good boy about it.