Friday, May 15, 2009

Holy Hell, It's Hailing!

Redbush arrived home from checking out the estate land.  She had just bought more plants to be put in when the weather got warmer.  The temperatures are still around + 4 degrees!  She hadn't been home very long when she looked out and saw the hail coming down in torrents!  She should have gotten pictures of it, but, neglected to do so.  Luckily she had put her plants in the garage.  The hail wasn't very big, but, it probably would have done some damage.  She still hasn't planted her garden, and won't be able to until it dries some so that it can be rotivated.   The good thing about the hail is when it melted this morning, it gave us more water collected for our plants.  She hopes you all have a sunny weekend.   

6 comments:

Hilary said...

The hail, you say! ;)

Hope it warms up for you soon!

Redbush said...

Thanks, Hilary! I know you're getting sick of me complaining, but, next week, Tuesday's high is + 2 degrees. Where's that spring weather?! Oh, yes, if it isn't warm outside, it will be inside, and that's not counting all the hot air from x!*!?sh! some choice language!

the Bag Lady said...

Redbush - sounds to me as though you'll have to keep those bedding plants in the garage for a few more days! Brrr.

Redbush said...

You got that right, Bag Lady! The trouble is, if and when I do plant them, with the weather the way it is, it could be fall by then! I know! Too pessimistic! On a positive note, we're getting some needed moisture!

Missicat said...

Wow!
It's been unusually cool in my neck of the woods, too...hope it will warm up by next weekend when my pool opens!

Redbush said...

You're kidding me, Missicat! I thought our area was one of the only ones experiencing below average temps. I would love to have a pool, but, it would freeze up in our part of the world right now. I'm sure some of my bulbs are wondering why they peaked through the ground. They are only about three inches high so far. Thanks for the info!