Wednesday, May 6, 2009

That's Progress!

Redbush and family decided to take a drive out south where they have camped in the past to see if they could find any birch wood for their fireplace in the winter.  When they saw where they used to camp, they were a little devastated.  It didn't look at all like it did before.  Redbush found that the area had been logged out, and could find no  trace of her favorite camping spot.   Redbush and family have to see if they can find other places to camp in the wild, but, it is becoming less and less scarce.   On their way back, they stopped at the river for a picnic with Bonzi and Bonzerelli.  They had a good snooping time!   She hopes you have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Well, some people might call that progress, but I'm pretty sure you don't feel that way!

Hope you find another camping spot!

Hilary said...

Oh that would be depressing. But it sure looks like you've found wood. ;)

Missicat said...

Oh no! I hope you find another campground before the loggers get to too many more places.

Redbush said...

I know it's progress in a lot of ways, Bag Lady. I understand that it needs to be done. I just see more and more of the scenery disappearing and less and less wilderness areas left. We've been looking for spots that already don't have somebody's old bus and biffy taking it over. I'm sure we'll find one someplace!

Redbush said...

It kinda grabbed me when I saw it, Hilary, but I realize if there's logging to be done, they can't worry about us crazy love-your-trees people. No, I'm not one of those tree-huggers! That wood is no good for my fireplace, so, we'll have to see if we can find it elsewhere.

Redbush said...

Thanks, Missicat! We love to go to areas where they are not set provincial-type campgrounds. Those types don't suit us because we can't throw a stick for our Bonzi, and many times we've had parents yelling at their kids right in the next spot. It just isn't our way of relaxing.

Redbush said...

Bag Lady, you know that I understand that the Rancher makes his living this way! I'm not trying to offend him, hoooooonest! Hope you have a great day!

the Bag Lady said...

No offense taken! I feel the same way about some areas, and so does he!

Redbush said...

Thanks, BL! I really had a funny feeling about the whole thing after I submitted it! Will the rancher still love me? HeHeHe!

Leah J. Utas said...

Damned progress. That said, there are other spots waiting to be discovered.

Redbush said...

Yes,Leah, I'm sure there are other spots. We'll just have to keep looking so we can find our favorite one. Thanks for stopping!