Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Snow Haven

Although Redbush hasn't appreciated the cool weather in the past few days, she can't say the same for Bonzi.  He, on the other hand was quite happy to snorkel in the snow, roll in it, eat snow,and  catch all the shovelfuls he could while Mr. Redbush shoveled off the steps, and deck.   Redbush is happy that today is much warmer at a temperature of + 13, but, she knows Bonzi will miss it!   Here are a few pictures of Bonzi basking in the sun after a few hundred ball throws. 

8 comments:

Hilary said...

As lovely as it looks.... I SO don't envy you right now. I hope it warms nicely and you can enjoy a real spring.

solarity said...

At least if Bonzi's enjoying it, the snow's not completely wasted.

I've got enough warmth here to share--just come get a bucketful.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Redbush said...

Thanks, Hilary! It's sunny today with temperatures of + 18. I hope we've been punished enough, and spring is here to stay! The bees are out, so, that's probably a good sign!

Redbush said...

No, Solarity, the moisture will do us some good, but, I'm hoping the warmth will stay. If not, I'm sure to come for more than a bucketful!

Missicat said...

Wow - snow in May! Glad the pup enjoys it at least.
It's finally warming up here...we have had some pretty unseasonably cool weather too (not that cool of course!)

Redbush said...

Today is finally a reprieve, Missicat! It's already into the + 20's late this a.m. Now that's what we're talkin" about! Maybe I can finally plant my plants in the next few days. I'll bet yours are up. Thanks for telling me about your cool temps as well. I don't feel alone!

the Bag Lady said...

How did I miss this post? Sheesh. Must have been because I was huddling under the blankets to ward off the chill.....

Redbush said...

I guess that's what we were all doing, Bag Lady! I know my plants were hoping for some blankets. Most of my hyacinths didn't come up but the ones that did were wishing they hadn't. They've been frost-nipped!