Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cross-country Fitness Snoops

Soooo,  Redbush is  finally getting a blog out!  Yesterday she had a lot of nice names for our beloved power company that kept the power off at their household from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.  It screwed a lot of plans at Redbush's house.  So, consequently, she has learned that perhaps doing things such as exercising and showering should be done a lot earlier like one person Redbush knows in blogger world whose day starts often at 4:00 a.m.  Redbush used to get up at 3:55 a.m., for decades, but has gotten a lot lazier these days!  After giving up waiting, Redbush decided that her blog had to wait until today.  She and Bonzi decided to go out on the lease for Redbush to take out her cross-country skiis for the first time this year.  Redbush knows, she's getting lazier in her old age.   Actually, she is a little bit chicken, too, because the year before last she cracked her wrist, and still can feel it if she twists it wrong.  It screwed up things like racquetball, and skiing for quite some time!  On her way, she noticed large round tracks, that looked fairly fresh and knew that with cougars occasionally out back, as she said, she is getting a little more chicken. She doesn't want the cougars to spot 2 items for lunch, namely Redbush and her buddy shepherd.  Redbush is dedicating some flower pictures( an artwork, and a photo) to all the people who read her blog, and hope that your Valentine's Day was sweet!   She has also created a cheesy poem about Bonzi's and her trip to the lease!  I hope it's not too cheesy for you!  I know some of you don't have it as part of your calendar, but, what did you do with your family yesterday?  Here goes: Cross-country  Explorations

With sun beating on  bright snow, 
Ice crystals in the air.
She fits her boots into her skis,
Across the lease they dare.

We must be careful, his mistress thinks
We're out where wild animals tarry.
But ice beneath the slippery skis 
Makes Redbush even more wary. 

As Bonzi sniffs each deep snowdrift
And dark holes that appear,
He gallops on upon the path
Chasing  the scent of a deer.
A cougar's been here that's for sure
His mistress calls "Bonzi come"!
His bulby nose into the breeze,
"Don't call me, this is fun!"

It's homeward bound after an hour
A breeze sifts through the snow,
With Bonzi exploring way ahead
Stands saying "Come on, let's go!"

A coyote's smell, a squirrels chatter
It's home round the bend
Bonzi relaxes at the gate,
With hope that they will go again.


7 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

Good for you for getting out for exercise. I consider it a good day when I walk a few blocks.

the Bag Lady said...

Glad to hear you got some exercise yesterday without running into any nasty wildlife!
And your poem is great!

Anonymous said...

Hey Leah! I need the excercise seeing as I enjoy food so much. My dog just dies to go snooping in the woods, so, he kind of makes me feel guilty if I don't accommodate him!

Anonymous said...

Hi BagLady! The weather was so nice, and of course as soon as I go to the back gate at any time, my shepherd is chomping at the bit. Now, as soon as he sees my skis and my garb, he knows it's going to be a good day. Those cougar tracks were a good size as my hubby witnessed later. There were two of them. No, I'm sure Bonzi wouldn't have a chance meeting one of them!

Hilary said...

Very nicely done. :)

Redbush said...

Thanks, Hilary! I'll have to lessons from you in poetry. I've read your poems on the Bag Lady's blog. Hope you're having a great day!

Anonymous said...

redbushsbrambles.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading redbushsbrambles.blogspot.com every day.
payday advance loans
cash advance