Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Eagle Sighting

Today is life-changing for Redbush and family.  They have sold their snowmobiles after snowmobiling since '75.  It was hard to do, but, Mr. Redbush has operated heavy equipment all his life and has an ear problem.  No loud noises.  I wonder what will happen to all those boom-box babies when they get older?
Redbush doesn't believe it!  Today is the second day that the bald eagle flew over her yard past her front window!  Redbush and Mr. Redbush have never seen one here before.  He was gorgeous! My only hope is that he doesn't spot the old boy, Bonzerelli when he is out on the trails.   He might be lunch!  The  only sightings they have had is either at a remote lake way back in the wilderness, or on the lease behind us that my friend and a rancher own.  Redbush and family spend much time on the lease in the summer, sometimes meeting the rancher and his wife for a beer.  Bring on summer!
   

2 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

"Bring on summer" is right!! Can't come too soon for me. :)

And I hope the eagle doesn't ever see the old dog.... that would be a temptation I'm not sure the eagle could resist!

Anonymous said...

You got it Bag Lady! Even though my fox terrier is about 25 pounds, with talons like he has, it probably wouldn't be much of a challenge for him. I hope he is full by the time he flies over again!