Thursday, February 19, 2009

Vacuum Massage

Redbush and Bonzi took a trip to the obedience practice session again last night.  Bonzi was a very good boy and listened well, but the yummy elk liver again probably had something to do with it. She didn't used to use treats with him, but, his response was, "Do you want me to sit today, or tomorrow?  Yesterday, Redbush put off doing almost everything that was needed doing in her household.  If you can't think of what needs to be done among the millions of things to do, procrastinate as usual! Around Redbush's household vacuuming is a dreaded activity at the best of times, except for one individual.  Her buddy shepherd, Bonzi, scratches at the door when he hears the vacuum and persists until she lets him in.  He then proceeds to watch Redbush vacuum and wags his tail every time she looks his way.  Bonzerelli used to run the other direction to hide as far away as he could.  Now, he simply can't believe his eyes when he watches Redbush vacuum Bonzi.  Redbush is going to attempt to load the video onto her blog. It isn't a very good attempt, but, she thought she would publish it anyway.   She hopes you understand that it's her first, because she definitely doesn't know what she is doing!  Now here goes:

6 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Well dang it all - wish I'd looked at this sooner so I could have shown the Rancher before he left for work! That is too funny!!

I'll make sure he sees it tomorrow!!

Rikk Utas said...

What a beautiful dog! Very funny that he likes to be vacuumed.

Redbush said...

Thanks Bag Lady! Actually, it says Thursday, but I tried to get the video thing to work and it wouldn't, then realized that I had to upload more software, or shut more windows down, or whatever. Like I said, I didn't know what I was doing! I hope the rancher enjoys it too!

Redbush said...

Thanks for stopping by, Rikk! Yes, I like to think he is a beautiful boy, and has the temperament of a sheep- very mellow. But I have trained him for herding and he couldn't resist grabbing the sheep by their necks until we got him to stop- the judge and I. He would listen to me while the sheep were following me backwards, and sometimes take them right into the gate without touching them. Other times he couldn't resist! Have a great weekend!

solarity said...

The first time I vacuumed after I brought Stony home from the vet (he was a stray) he followed me around whining and shoving himself in my way, and I said "Well, here, see if you like being vacuumed!" Much to my surprise, he did. (Hobie, my first blue heeler, had to learn that the vacuum was MINE and he couldn't kill it.) I've vacuumed him once a week ever since. Hobie's expression while this was going on resembled the wire fox's.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Redbush said...

Hi Solarity!
Thanks for stopping! Of course when the camera is on him, he doesn't react the same as when it isn't. Usually he's allot funnier in his gestures. Our first dog Shorty, a little black smooth-haired dog, was a stray as well, from the animal shelter, and he used to follow so closely when we vacuumed that we almost tripped over him. He couldn't get enough! Maybe my next video of whatever I'm taking will be a little better produced! Have a great day!