Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Yearnings Of Spring

Yesterday was one of those days that  nothing seemed to go right for Redbush.  She headed into town to get the oil changed in her pick-up.  When she went in to the dealership later, and went to get into her basically brand new truck, she found oil on her seat. She then had to deal with the mechanic who had more oil on his coveralls than he put into her pick-up. He attempted to clean the oil off her seat, but when Redbush got home, she also noticed oil on the rug, so had to phone the dealership.  When she tried to log in to the internet, she had to phone her provider because it was down, apparently all over her province, and the neighboring province of B.C.  She and Mr. Redbush then went to scrub all the salt off both pick-ups wheel hubs, a grueling job!
The above made Redbush yearn for the signs of spring.  Water running in the ditches, snow melting, flowers pushing their stems through the ground, and the sun shining on some of the remaining snow patches are some of the things that Redbush is yearning for.  The following is a picture of a sign of spring taken in the neighbor's lease a year ago.  Redbush and family took Bonzi and Bonzerelli out to the lease on their quads.  She the
n later did a painting of the picture.  Can you guess wha
t made the ripples in the water? 
  

4 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

I was hoping you'd get around to posting this painting! I love it. It's one of your very best, and that's saying a lot!!

Hope today is going better for you. Did you rip that mechanic a new one? I know how you feel about your new truck!!

Redbush said...

Thanks for the compliment, BGL! I had trouble moving the painting down to where the photo was, so, finally, I just left it the way it was. The thing about it is, he proceeded to tell me about how he did have a protective cover on it. I called the dealership and the boss of Parts and Service is going to get the car wash boy to try to clean it up. Yes, you're right! I am anal when it comes to my truck, and probably other things!
Have a great night!

Hilary said...

I'm here on Baggie's good advice. Lovely painting, Redbush. You're very talented. So what did make the ripples in the water?

Redbush said...

Thanks for stopping, Hilary! I'm glad you enjoyed the painting! Really I'm just a starving artist. They say you're famous when you're dead,but, no, I'm not ready for that hopefully for many decades! Ha! The ripples were made by Bonzi walking through the water exploring, and it made such beautiful ripples that I decided to photograph it. He and Bonzerelli love to ride on the quads to wherever we go on the neighbor's lease.