Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Blueberry Cheer!




Redbush has been pulling a blog bland (blank) lately. She can't seem to get her imagination working to create a blog that might be slightly interesting to her fellow bloggers. She has been under the weather since just before the new year. She now thinks that she jinxed herself by telling everyone that she can't remember the last time she had any kind of bug. So much for getting the flu shot! Every year lately she gets a flu shot because her husband tends to catch pneumonia easily, so, to avoid spreading any bugs his way, his doctor recommended that she have a shot along with him. Every health article and magazine Redbush has read, blueberries are mentioned as being an excellent source of vitamins and an anti-oxydent. They are actually one of her favourites to eat as well as a favourite subject to paint. The painting that she created a few years back now was exhibited in a dream home here in her town, and was showcased on a bar in the basement of the house. She was lucky enough to sell it. Redbush is offering up a toast to all her bloggers with her blueberries, and hopes everyone has a prosperous, and happy 2011!

10 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

They make a nice shrub for color as well. I see pancakes,muffins and pie when I look at them. When they come into season I freeze lots. My neighbor likes to eat them frozen.

An idea I had is a review of blogs you read.

Redbush said...

Thanks, Out on the prairie! I enjoy pies, and blueberry syrup the best.

Leah J. Utas said...

Beautiful. I like to sit in the berry patch and eat them fresh.

solarity said...

I do believe your painted blueberries look tastier than the real ones. Perhaps because they are forever out of reach.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

the Bag Lady said...

I can see why that painting was featured in the dreamhome! And why it sold! Beautiful.
I love wild blueberries - they have so much more flavour than the cultivated ones available in the grocery stores.
Hmmm, now I wanna go berry-picking. Crap - just looked out the window at the snow covering everything. Guess the berry-picking will have to wait awhile. Sigh.

Redbush said...

Thanks, Leah! We love to do the same. It's been a long time since we've seen patches thick with berries!

Redbush said...

Thanks so much, solarity! I love their color when they're in thick patches.

Redbush said...

Thanks for the compliment, BGL! I like picking them when they're in thick patches, but, lately in the summer, they've been few and far between. Hey! It's feeling almost like spring today compared to what it was like. It feels like that berry-picking won't be that far off!

Hilary said...

I love blueberries and that includes your lovely painting. I hope you're feeling better before too long. The only time I've had the flu since my kids were done with school, was the only year I had the flu shot.

Redbush said...

Thanks so much, Hilary! I have never been sick for any more than 24 hours, and can't believe it lasted as long as it did. I feel like today is a new lease on life. I'm feeling much better, and even did a little housecleaning. Drat! At least when I wasn't up to it, I didn't feel guilty! I need a little house fairy to do the job! Ha!