Thursday, September 29, 2011

Farwell To Bonzi






Redbush hasn't had a very happy spring and summer.   Bonzi was getting more and more ill.   She knew that it was only a matter of time when he would no longer be with her and her family.  He had developed a number of health issues within the last three years, one of them being severe seizures.  Medicating him helped but it wasn't a cure.    Beatle and Redbush's family miss him badly as there is now an empty spot in their lives.  The night before he passed away, Redbush took some pictures of him, including his last quad ride to one of his favourite spots.  She and her family had to say their goodbyes to him on August 22.  She knows that he is no longer sufferering which is a good thing.  Redbush hopes you all had a great spring and summer.  She apologizes that this blog wasn't a cheery one.

9 comments:

solarity said...

I am so sorry. I know how severe seizures seem to just wear a dog out, aging them faster than they should, and making their lives so difficult. I'm glad he had a good last day. Your stories of Bonzi have made me love him.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...

He looked like such a happy fellow. Obviously he had a good life with you.
Sorry for your loss.

Redbush said...

Thank you so much, Mary Anne. He was such a beautiful boy, and we're missing him greatly. We had to make the decision not to let him suffer anymore.

Redbush said...

Leah, he was alway happy, and chasing squirrels etc. Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me.

Hilary said...

Aww I'm so sorry you lost your dear Bonzi. I know how heartbroken you must feel. He was a beautiful creature who was very much loved. I'm sorry you're hurting.

Redbush said...

Hilary, I so appreciate your comment. He was the love of our lives. Thank you for stopping.

the Bag Lady said...

I know all too well how wonderful a dog he was, and I miss him, too! He had, without a doubt, the best disposition I've ever seen in a Shepherd. Personally, I think he had the soul of a Golden Retriever!

I'm sorry for your loss.

Out on the prairie said...

Our pets bring lots of happiness. My vet gets sad when he has to put some down,even he becomes a part of their lives.I lost a couple cats lately,and it is hard not to see them around.Sorry for your lose.

Redbush said...

Bag Lady, I know that you have experienced losses as well. Thank you so much for your comments. It means the world to me. He was without a doubt our buddy, and part of our souls. We miss him dearly.

Out On The Prairie, thank you for your concerns. I wish I could have had him a lot longer, but, as you know the choice is never ours. Pets are as you say part of us.